Hello! I hope you are having a great week so far!
Today I’ve put together a few DIY projects from around the web that have caught my eye!
1. DIY Dutch Door- I don’t think anything exudes ‘custom and quaint’ more than a dutch door. I love them but they can be expensive!
Bria Hammel Interiors via Style Me Pretty
I looked into doing one in the home we are building. Initially I wanted to do one for the door going out to our backyard but it was going to be too much money and I was worried about getting bugs in the house.
I’m still thinking about adding one for our pantry door.
I came across THIS amazing tutorial sharing how to take a basic builder door and turning it into a fun dutch door. Love it!
2. DIY Lumber Scrap Storage- We won’t be putting our current house on the market for at least a couple of months but I’ve been busy cleaning out our basement and garage storage to prepare for it. The garage is where I keep all of my leftover lumber scraps from my projects and the pile has gotten a little bit out of hand.
So, THIS DIY Lumber storage solution definitely peaked my interest!
via Heathered Nest
3. How to install Luxury Vinyl Flooring. We are not having our builder finish the basement in our new house. It is something that I want to take on over time. I’m already planning on using luxury vinyl plank flooring when we get to that point.
It is a perfect fit for basements because it is waterproof. THIS tutorial shows you how simple it is to install and that it can even be installed over tile!
4. Ikea Desk Hack- Emily at Jones Design Co. did such a great job creating THIS desk/craft area out of Ikea dressers and countertops. I’m thinking about doing something like this in our bonus room.
5. DIY Painting Wood Furniture. Once we move to our new home my husband will work from home. He will need a lot of storage in his office for files. Several months ago I came across an office wall unit on our local ‘buy & sell’ Facebook page.
It was only $100 and had great storage for files but was a little beat up and an orange-y oak wood.
Nothing a little paint magic couldn’t fix!:-)
This beautiful space by Lindye Galloway inspired me to paint it white on top and blue on bottom.
via Lindye Galloway
I’ve been working away on it little by little over the past few weeks using my tried and true ‘painting wood furniture tutorial’ that you can find HERE!
I still have a couple more coats of white to do on the top part of the unit.
But the bottom part is done and I’m in love!:-)
The paint color on the bottom is Benjamin Moore Hale Navy and I love it!
As for the house we are building they have been busy running plumbing, HVAC, and electric wiring so there hasn’t been much noticeable change since the last update.
I hope you enjoyed these DIY ideas and that you have a great rest of the week and weekend!