Happy Friday!! Today I want share the DIY projects that have caught my eye and that have inspired me. I hope they inspire you too!
So here they are!
1. You know those standard steel beams builders often have to place in basements to support the house? Well, they usually aren’t very cozy or attractive. I love what Jen from The Chronicles of Home did to dress hers up and make them look stylish by turning them into decorative columns! Click HERE to get her tutorial!
2. Juju Hats in home decor are all the rage and I can see why! It is hard to find circular wall decor that is not a mirror or a clock. Juju hats are the perfect light weight, textural item for over the bed that evoke a relaxed vibe. However, they are so expensive! I rarely see them for less than $200.
via Studio Mcgee
Fiona from Lilyfield life shares how she made one for her home for less! You can check out her tutorial, HERE!
3. Are you as excited as I am for patio weather to come? It’s been a long winter and our Spring has been pretty chilly. I keep telling myself warmer weather is almost here to stay and it is (just a couple of months til it’s June)! Sarah, from Room for Tuesday, created a beautiful DIY paver patio and wrote how you could make one too, HERE!
via Room for Tuesday
4. If a DIY patio seems too overwhelming maybe these cute painted gold leaf terra cotta pots will interest you more! Small terra cotta pots aren’t expensive, in fact I remember last year they even sold them at our local dollar store. You can give them a fun, stylish vibe with the tutorial found, HERE.
via Erin Spain
5. There aren’t too many DIY projects that terrify me but for some reason installing wallpaper always has. I love the look of wallpaper in a powder bathroom, laundry room, or girl’s bedroom.
A friend of mine recently had wallpaper installed above the chair rail in her daughter’s room and it turned out so pretty, didn’t it?
The ability to reposition the wallpaper does help me feel at least somewhat less anxious about trying this project.
I’ve watched a few videos on how to install wallpaper and felt like this one was the best in case you are interested in learning too.
Have you ever installed wallpaper?? Was it as bad as I’m making it out to be in my mind?
Do you have any home DIY project goals for this Spring or Summer? I’d love to hear them?
I hope you enjoyed the 5 DIY projects I shared with you today!
Have a safe and happy weekend!