Ever since I wrote the post on 20+ Budget Friendly Drapes I’ve been itching to create a girl’s bedroom with the curtains below as the inspiration piece. I cannot justify redecorating my 3 year old daughter’s bedroom so making a girl’s bedroom mood board was the solution for getting the itch out of my system.:-)
I also have been thinking about uses for old window panes and came up with the idea of using the window pane as a décor piece/dry erase message board. I did some research and dry erase markers can be used on glass and wipe off just as well as they do on a whiteboard.
I was able to incorporate the curtains and dry erase window pane message board into this “Fun and Fancy” girl’s Bedroom:
I secretly hope (or not so secretly because I just told you) that someone takes this mood board and uses it as a jumping off point in re-doing their daughter’s room! Here are the sources for the items above. The words in blue are direct links to the products.
1. My Daughter’s DIY Beadboard Headboard (Tutorial coming hopefully next week)- Cost under $50
2. Kristaller Chandelier from Ikea- $39.99
3. Parrot Orinithology Curtain from World Market- $34.99-$46.99 a panel
4. Fabrics for pillows or other upholstery needs (from top to bottom going left to right) at Fabric.com- Waverly Shoji Chintz Blossom, Duralee Home Asher Light Blue, Marcovaldo Louis Stripe Jacquard Baby Pink, Solid Green color is sold out, Michael Miller Bekko Home Decor Parquet Coral- All on clearnace for between $6.50- $7.50 a yard.
5. Turquoise Storage Ottomans for end of bed from Kohl’s- on sale right now for $56 each
6. Ophelia Blanket from Ikea- $!9.99
7. DIY Window Pane Dry Erase Message Board- I’ve seen window panes an antique shows as low as $10 and as high as $25. I’ve also seen them on ebay, search “window panes”
8. Paint Color Sherwin Williams ‘Aquatint’ at 50%
On another note. Here are some great home deals going on right now.
This lovely pillow is on sale to the end of the week at Ballard’s design for $24.99. But if you want to just buy the pillow cover and use your own insert it is just $14.99
This World Market Sourav Dining Table is a great deal on sale for $259
If you are not up for a DIY headboard this Targer Emma Twin Headboard in White is a great option clearanced at $73.48
Do you have any big Memorial Weekend plans? We will be celebrating a birthday and enjoying the finally beautiful weather! Take care and be safe!!
Related Posts From the Blog:
- DIY Mirrored Window Pane
- 10 Steps to a High-end Kitchen on a Low-end Budget